Lifestyle Tips to Help Manage Stress
9 out of 10 Australians report being stressed and 41% of people feel they are experiencing an unhealthy level of stress.
Managing your stress is essential for long term health and vitality.
Although our modern lifestyle maybe inescapable, the stress of it however, is manageable.
Supporting a healthy stress response will allow you to feel more energised, resilient and ready to tackle life, so you can maintain the state of health and wellness that you deserve.
Consider these 8 lifestyle tips to help you better manage stress:
1. Daily movement is essential for brain health. Exercise including weight training, running, swimming or walking is proven to decrease stress hormones.
2. Enjoy the benefits of spending some time in the sun. Being in nature for 30 minutes per day can help reduce stress hormones and assist recovery after a stressful situation.
3. Meditation and/or yoga can help to increase relaxation whilst benefiting not just the mind, but also the body. Learning to unwind is important for reducing stress.
4. Create some ‘me’ time. Do something that you love, like listening to music, enjoying a candle lit bath, watching a movie, or starting a creative project – these fun activities can help you become more tolerant of everyday stress.
5. Get creative and express yourself in as many different ways as feels good; singing, dancing, and art projects are but a few ways to do this.
6. Eat seasonally, fresh and organic as much as possible. Include protein at every meal with a variety of fruit and vegetables.
7. Include good fats such as omega 3s from fish, nuts and seeds, and coconut oil to help with brain health and mood regulation.
8. Drink plenty of water, aim for a minimum of eight glasses per day and avoid excessive alcohol, caffeine, sugar and salt.
If you would like to find out more about how Peninsula Kinesiology & Natural Medicine can help you or a family member, we are happy to assist you in any way possible.